Atlas of Human Anatomy Frank H. Netter, 7th edition, is the only anatomy atlas illustrated by clinicians. It features world-renowned, breathtakingly clear pictures of the human body from a clinical viewpoint. Along with Dr. Frank Netter’s well-known work, there are approximately 100 paintings by Dr. Carlos A. G. Machado, one of today’s greatest medical illustrators. Together, these two extraordinarily gifted physician-artists illuminate the most therapeutically pertinent perspectives on the human body.
- Additionally, over 50 carefully chosen radiologic pictures aid with the transition from depicted anatomy to real anatomy observed in regular practice.
- Coverage by area, with appendices on Muscle Tables at the conclusion of each section.
- Not only are there large, clear pictures with detailed labelling for key structures, but also those with significant relationships.
Updates to the 7th Edition – in response to student and practitioner requests:
- New section on Systems Overview, which includes brand-new full-body representations of the surface anatomy, vessels, nerves, and lymphatics.
- Dr. Machado has included over 25 new drawings, including the clinically significant fascial columns of the neck, deep veins of the leg, hip bursae, and prostate vasculature; as well as difficult-to-visualize locations such as the infratemporal fossa.
- At the conclusion of each part, new Clinical Tables highlight structures of significant clinical importance. These tables summarize essential structures in the illustrated plates and recommend where to best observe them. They are categorized by body system.
- Over 50 new radiologic pictures – some featuring entirely new perspectives and others using more advanced imaging methods – have been provided to aid readers in comprehending important concepts in gross anatomy.
- Terminology has been updated based on the worldwide anatomic standard, Terminologia Anatomica, and includes popular clinical eponyms.