- The purpose of the book “Paediatric Imperial Long Cases by Dr M. Usman Sharif” is to assist exam candidates in resolving long-case problems and to improve their approach in everyday practical life.
- The “Standard scheme of history” is described at the outset, and histories of all long cases follow that exact pattern.
- This book contains an exhaustively detailed history of the case, including an examination of all possible presenting complaints.
- All long cases are written in a schematic pattern that pediatricians are expected to follow.
- Because history is the most critical component of a long case, the history outline is described again following examination. This outline contains those critical points of history that, if overlooked, can result in failure.
- The entire descriptive discussion of long cases with their differentials is conducted in a Q&A format, which makes it simple and engaging for readers.
- Tables and boxes are frequently used to aid in disease comprehension. They are incorporated into text to aid in visual memory. Additionally, mnemonics are mentioned as needed.
- Clinical problems are incorporated into long cases, allowing the reader to connect the presented knowledge to real-world scenarios. This practice is beneficial not only in exam situations, but also in real-world situations.
- Wherever possible, illustrations are accompanied by a description. All photographs in this book are of actual patients who were admitted to Children’s Hospital and the University of Child Health with their parents’ consent.
- All information in this book is taken from standard textbooks such as Nelson’s Paediatrics and Wayne Harris’s Paediatrics, but simplified and tailored for easy comprehension of lengthy cases.
- The Author is confident that, in addition to lengthy cases, the examination schemes and investigation outline will prove extremely beneficial in brief cases as well.
- A sincere effort has been made to ensure that this book contains no errors. Even so, readers are welcome to point out any errors, no matter how minor, via the author’s email address [email protected].
- The author is extremely hopeful that this book will assist paediatric residents and examination candidates in troubleshooting their problems.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.