- “Sports Rehabilitation and Injury Prevention” is an all-inclusive, evidence-based introduction to the field. It encompasses the entire rehabilitation process, from initial assessment, diagnosis, and treatment, to return to pre-injury fitness and injury prevention.
- This textbook takes a holistic approach to rehabilitation, addressing both the nutritional and psychological aspects of the process for both amateur and elite athletes.
- Parts I, II, and III are divided into five sections and cover screening and assessment, the pathophysiology of sports injuries and healing, and the various stages of training during the rehabilitation process. Part IV discusses making sound clinical judgments, and Part V discusses joint-specific injuries and pathologies of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, groin/Hip, and knee.
Key Features of the book Include but not limited to:
- Comprehensive. Covers the entire process, from injury diagnosis and treatment to rehabilitation and injury prevention.
- This textbook is both practical and pertinent, as it examines numerous real-world case studies and sample rehabilitation programs to demonstrate how to apply the theory in practice.
- At the cutting edge. Sports Rehabilitation and Injury Prevention is an authoritative guide to the field, presenting the most recent research findings in each area.