Swansons Family Medicine Review – 9th edition is a comprehensive guide for practicing physicians and residents who are preparing to take the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) initial or continuing exam. It is written by Alfred F. Tallia, MD, MPH, Joseph E. Scherger, MD, MPH and Nancy Dickey, MD, who are experts in the field of family medicine.
Some of the key features of this book are:
- It provides more than 2,500 questions in a practical case study format that cover all aspects of family medicine practice.
- It includes answers and explanations for each question, as well as references to the latest evidence-based guidelines and resources.
- It offers online access to additional questions and content updates via Elsevier’s Evolve website.
- It covers new topics such as telemedicine, social determinants of health, health equity, LGBTQ+ health care, and opioid use disorder.
- It reflects the latest ABFM exam blueprint and content specifications.
Swansons Family Medicine Review 9th edition is an essential resource for anyone who wants to master the core knowledge and skills of family medicine. It helps learners to apply clinical reasoning and problem-solving skills to real-world scenarios. It also helps them to review the most current and relevant information in family medicine practice.