“Applied Basic Science for Basic Surgical Training (MRCS Study Guides) 2nd Edition”
The requirement that aspiring surgeons possess a thorough understanding of the applied basic sciences remains at the core of surgical education. All basic surgical trainees must have a comprehensive understanding of the scientific principles behind surgical techniques and patient care.
This book is organized into two sections:
- the fundamental principles of general pathology and microbiology
- and the anatomy, physiology, and special pathology of the specific systems that a basic surgical trainee should be familiar with.
- For this Second Edition of “Applied Basic Science for Basic Surgical Training (MRCS Study Guides) 2nd Edition”, numerous chapters have been revised, particularly those on immunology, microbiology, the endocrine and locomotor systems, and the breast.
- Throughout, an effort has been made to explain the therapeutic significance of the information and the purpose of studying them. There are a number of new members to the author team, all of whom are subject matter specialists, and the majority of whom are or have been experienced examiners at the several UK Royal Colleges.
- This book “Applied Basic Science for Basic Surgical Training (MRCS Study Guides) 2nd Edition” was created to provide the basic anatomy, physiology, and pathology required by the UK Royal Colleges and the Intercollegiate Surgical Curriculum Project, but it also contains the information essential for analogous overseas examinations and assessments.