- Now and throughout your career, rely on this comprehensive, curriculum-spanning book and reference called Physical Rehabilitation by Susan O’Sullivan! It focuses on the care of adult patients with disabilities, combining fundamental surgical, medical, and therapeutic approaches to demonstrate how to choose the most effective assessment procedures, set rehabilitation objectives, and execute a treatment plan.
- This Edition has been totally edited and updated to match current state-of-the-art practices in rehabilitation. Now in full color, this edition has a more simplified, easy-to-reference style that incorporates more images, graphics, and tables.
Significant characteristics include the following:
- Current research in the fundamental and clinical sciences of physical therapy evaluation and treatment processes is included.
- Includes “Evidence Summary” boxes that summarize recent research on a variety of issues and advocate for evidence-based practice.
- Enhances critical thinking abilities via online review questions and clinical case studies with recommended responses.
- Covers motor control and motor learning methodologies, neuroplasticity and rigorous task-oriented training, locomotor training, fall prevention, and technology (virtual reality, body-weight support and treadmill systems, robotics, prosthetics, orthotics, wheelchairs)
- Integrates the assessment processes, objectives, and treatments described in the American Physical Therapy Association’s Guide to Physical Therapist Practice.